Get in touch.
We would love to hear your feedback, comments and topic suggestions. Please email same to email@example.com, or call 407.374.1372.
Melissa A. Youngman, Esq.
Melissa launched BankruptcyBites.com to provide bankruptcy practitioners and related professionals with bite-sized weekly updates on what's happening in the bankruptcy world. From working as a partner at the Am Law 200 law firm of Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker, LLP to opening her own practice in Orlando in 2016, Melissa has represented bankruptcy debtors, creditors, and trustees, in large and small cases, for nearly 14 years. She is an active member of the bankruptcy bar, having served as a past Board Member of the Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, and currently serves as an Advisory Board Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute's Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop. She has spoken at conferences and seminars across the country regarding consumer and business bankruptcy law issues. Practicing, writing about, and teaching bankruptcy law are Melissa's favorite pastimes.
St. John's University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2002
University of Florida
Activities & Affiliations
• Advisory Board for the American Bankruptcy Institute's Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop, Member
• American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
• Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, Past Board Member
• Florida, New York
Representative Speaking Engagements
• ABI Southeastern Bankruptcy Workshop - 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 - Moderator and/or Panelist
• American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) Annual Spring Meeting 2015 - Panelist
• National Association of Chapter Thirteen Trustees Annual Conference 2014 - Panelist
• Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association Seminar 2011 - Panelist
• Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal Symposium 2011 - Panelist